Tuesday, July 11, 2006

work work work

I seem to have bitten off a little more than I can chew. In May, I accepted a position with a kindergarten. My schedule was going to be a little full, I thought, as I would teach from 9 to 9 with a two hour break in the middle of the day. I can handle it, I foolishly thought.

Well, it's kicked my ass. May was tough, June was absolute hell, and July is only bearable because I know this is the last month. Starting in August, I can be lazy with just one job. It's just so draining. It takes all my energy. On Friday nights, after I teach my last class, I can barely make it past midnight. For me, that is unheard of. No job or class, no matter how grueling, has ever stopped me from partying. But, all I want to do is have a few drinks and go to bed.

Okay, all complaining aside, I would much rather be doing this than anything else right now. I will really like the kindergarten job. I will have time to travel and do things in the evenings, which is a rarity for most teachers here. I'm leaving my first school on a good vibe. The owners are treating me very well (I shouldn't say that. It's like airlines touting a safety record just before a huge plan crash.). I'm doing okay. So enough of that.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello, Mike.
I'm in the UK now.

8:50 PM  
Blogger englishteacher said...

Hi, Lara. I hope you are doing well.

11:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Mike, forgot Kirk emailed me this link a long time ago and found it today and read all your stuff. Congrats man, sounds like you found something that is making you happy.
Im in Denver now if your ever around let me know.

Ryan Guthrie

4:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home