Tuesday, March 21, 2006

don't get sick in taiwan

I know I have health insurance here. But I'm not going to a doctor for a fucking cold. Having said that, most of your realy interesting cold and flu viruses come from Asia, and I seem to have come down with something.

Most of the time, I get a cold that starts in my nose, then it either goes away or it gets worse by settling in my throat and lungs. A few more days of fluids and sleep takes care of it. Not so here. So many people are sick. It's just normal to be sick for weeks at a time. Plus, I am around kids all day. Cute kids, ugly germs.

My lungs seem to be really good at collecting mucus. I didn't know it was possible to cough up phlegm on a regular basis for a week. I don't feel bad enough to let it stop me from working, so I don't need a doctor, right?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The black lung will get you every time. AS the Taiwanese do, drink lotsa warm water and go get a cocktail of medicine from your doctor or straight from teh pharmacy!

from:

Mild Seven@ www.therealtaiwan.com

7:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

+Chemsissy says hi, glad to hear you're feeling better. BTW, I do disagree with your thesis statement that the kids over there are cuter than mine... and I know you know that's true.

Any chance you'll be getting internet access out in the country?

Byefornow, Chemsissy

3:54 PM  
Blogger englishteacher said...

Like I said, sorry to friends and family, but I stand behind my initial comment.

9:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home