Thursday, November 29, 2007

flashback

Fall 1981. Fair Warning was released. Maybe the best rock album released between 1980and 1985. I devoured this album. I remember I was at a friend's house on a Friday night. There were girls and everything. The LP was on. When "Sinner's Swing" was on, I couldn't control myself. I started singing the song word for word.

The chorus of the song is "Get get get get get out and push," repeated. I knew that and sang as such. One of my friends laughed at me and said that I got it wrong. He made some stupid comment about "bush" being in the song. Everyone agreed with him. i was embarrassed and could not sell my version. IT WAS THE ACCURATE VERSION !!

Now, flash forward. I had the album on my ipod. I had not heard the song in a very long time. When the chorus came on, I remembered that traumatic evening. I promptly went home and found the lyrics on the internet. Vindication.

4 Comments:

Blogger Graeme said...

That is a great album all the way through. I love everything about it, even though Megan gives me shit about it. People are so dumb about music. It boggles the mind! They hear what they want to hear or what they're told to hear. That kind of shit has been annoying me ever since I was that same age...

9:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello! This is Winnie, a graduate student in Taiwan. I have to find some English speakers to fill out a questionnaire for conducting a mini study. Please fill out this questionnare which you can download from the following address~

http://140.113.215.67/Questionnaire_for_NS.doc

I really appreciate your participation.Thank you.

You can send the finished questionnaire to me via email.
My email: winnerling@hotmail.com

Best regards,
Winnie

9:27 AM  
Blogger Graeme said...

I dreamed last night that we were on stage somewhere for a Van Halen reunion. David Lee Roth was talking to us and to the crowd. I don't really know why we were on stage, but there we were. And it was fun, even though the band was pretty bad. They were rusty and falling down, and I felt kinda bad for them. But we were singing along, so it was fun.

8:31 AM  
Blogger Omid said...

Are you still in Taiwan? Can you tell me a bit about your experience? Maybe just a paragraph. We are thinking of taking the plunge.

Thanks!

3:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home